Summer is winding down and comfort foods are moving back on to our plates. Pizza Casserole has been a long time favorite in my kitchen. Quick, easy and oh—— so delicious. Add or subtract pizza topping ingredients depending on your family’s palate.
Pizza Casserole has been a long time favorite in my kitchen. Quick, easy and oh—— so delicious.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (4oz)
- 1.5 cups dry macaroni
- 1 jar pasta sauce (24oz)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp dried thyme
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 1 pkg pepperoni slices (3.5 oz)
- 1 pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil & parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and green peppers in olive oil until onions are golden brown. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes more. Remove veggies from skillet and keep warm.
- Add beef to skillet and brown; drain grease.
- Add pasta sauce, tomato paste, sautéed veggies, dried herbs, salt and pepper to skillet; stir and simmer 5 minutes. Add browned beef and cooked macaroni to sauce mixture. Stir to mix.
- Top with pepperoni slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheeses start to brown and sauce is bubbly at skillet edges.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil and parsley. Enjoy!